IZTECH, INC. – Ottawa Canada
Director and Principal Consultant. Provided guidance to client organizations on their SDLC processes and tool requirements. Assisted with defining ALM architectures and managing projects through implementation. Supported them with expertise in most domains of Application Lifecycle Management and numerous tools used to help support those processes.
- Sponsored by IBM to serve as a subject matter expert in China, working with an international team to develop an approach and project plan for establishing best practices on configuration management, requirements management, verification and validation for a major aircraft manufacturer.
- Worked with several Canadian government entities to define requirements, and verification and validation processes that form the basis of an enterprise solution. Provided training on the disciplines and tools required for this solution: Rational Team Concert, DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, DOORS NextGeneration, Rational Publishing Engine.
SERENA SOFTWARE – California, USA
Managing Principal, Advisory Services. Provided a strategy for organizational transformation to help client companies assess their progress and tool needs. Interviewed customer executives to gather key requirements, perform SWOT analyses and advise on aligning strategic priorities for process improvement and implementation. Defined an ALM architecture and managed projects through implementation.
- Brought on board to rescue and successfully complete an ALM upgrade project for a Fortune 20 financial institution.
- Successfully designed and managed an enterprise requirements management system for a Fortune 50 financial institution, rolling out the solution ahead of schedule.
- Defined requirements for three releases of three products to support customer needs in collaboration with product development and product management leadership teams.
- Developed and provided technical guidance to sales teams and customers on how to best deploy ALM solutions for various verticals, including the aerospace, medical, financial, rail and automotive industry segments.
- Organized and presided over a summit workshop involving subject matter experts, product developers and product managers to perform needs and gap analysis that defined realistic user scenarios and requirements for future releases of the requirements management and test management applications and integrations of a product.
IBM RATIONAL (Formerly Telelogic North America) – Malmo, Sweden
Worldwide Senior Solutions Architect for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). Spearheaded IBM’s ALM strategy across all business units. Briefed customer executives on the strategy to gather key requirements and then communicate priorities with product managers to ensure that product roadmaps aligned with the ALM vision.
- Delivered numerous executive briefings on ALM solutions and product roadmaps. Consistently received positive feedback on the effectiveness of these briefings from both sales and customers. Developed and provided technical guidance to sales teams and customers on how to best deploy ALM solutions.
- Assisted sales teams worldwide in closing major deals in Japan, China, Singapore, Israel, Australia and North America. Worked with customers in the aerospace, finance, insurance, medical device, automotive telecom and technology markets, including: Boeing, Lockheed, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney, GM, GE Aviation & Transportation, Broadcom, Toyota, Bombardier, Huawei, AMEX, GAIC, SAIC, NYSE, Abbott, GE Medical, Phillips Medical, St. Jude Medical, and Kodak Health Imaging.
- Provided subject matter expertise and coordinated efforts across product development teams responding to market analyst surveys and reports.
- Coordinated and developed material for analyst reports resulting in “Strong Positive” and “Short List” recommendations from some of the world’s most influential technology research and advisory firms: Gartner, Forester, Butler, and Data Monitor.
- Built user scenarios and requirements for future requirements, test and change management product lines in collaboration with the development team.
TELELOGIC N.A. – Irvine, California USA
Held key leadership roles, including Principal Consultant, Director, and ultimately, Vice President of Strategic Deployment and Requirements Management.
Vice President, Strategic Deployment, Requirements Management
Served as an emissary between key customers and Telelogic’s sales, services, marketing, support and development business units. Provided expertise and mentoring to current customers and prospects considering Telelogic solutions. Supported sales teams worldwide with accounts, strategized on continued growth, planned migration/upgrades and helped troubleshoot major issues with the solutions.
- Brought in excess of $10 million in revenue.
- Delivered best practice seminars and workshops on the use of various tools at several events, including the Telelogic User Group Conferences in North America and Australia.
- Developed a number of tools that allowed consultants to analyze customer databases for data integrity issues and compliance with best practices.
- Worked closely with second and third line support and the development labs to resolve product and integration issues. Formulated new requirements for the development teams.
- Worked directly with the labs to resolve critical database corruption issues through a root cause analysis. The issue was isolated and an unprecedented patch released.
Director, Professional Services, Requirements Management
Oversaw services engagements and provided expertise to companies engaged in improving their requirements and test management capabilities and development processes. Worked closely with sales teams and account managers to determine customer needs and produce product and service plans that ensured customer success.
- Mentored the Professional Services Consultants and provided additional assistance on tougher and challenging engagements.
- Developed key service offerings, such as the DOORS QuickStart, Focal Point QuickStart and DOORS/Change integration workshops, which led to greater implementation success for customers.
- Awarded President’s Club honors three years running for exceeding service revenue targets.
Principal Consultant, Requirements Management
Provided requirements management expertise to Fortune 500, government (DOD, DND, Homeland Security) and aerospace organizations (Boeing, Honeyell, Lockheed, Hamilton Sundstrand, Rolls Royce, General Dynamics Canada), medical devices (GE Medical, Abbott Labs, Phillips, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic). Architect of software and systems development solutions that focused on effective information models for requirements, verification/validation and change management.
- Developed and implemented various integrations of DOORS and other tools, such as Windchill, Slate, RTM and PVCS.
- Wrote and delivered formal methodology courses, such as Writing Better Requirements, Effective User Requirements Gathering, Effective Requirements Management, and Procurement Management.
- Delivered technical tool training courses: Using DOORS for Requirements Management, DOORS Administration, DXL (DOORS eXtension Language), Requirements Methodology, Enterprise Change Proposal System, DocExpress and Focal Point.
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE – Canada
Aerospace Engineer Officer, Communications RADAR Systems Technologist
- Defined the systems and software requirements and verification and validation approach for a $5 billion Maritime Seaking Helicopter replacement for the DND. Established a requirements and validation architecture, which became the standard within Canada’s Director General Aerospace Equipment Program Management (DGAEPM). Received a commendation from DGAEPM for the work accomplished.
- Developed and tested software on the CF-18 Fighter with the DND.
- Architect for software and systems development solutions focused on effective information models for requirements, verification/validation and change management within the DND.